Hey glad you found my site!
I’m a software/systems engineer living in Tampa Bay Florida and I love what I do. I’ve developed apps with popular frameworks in .NET, Python, Java, and Php. I’ve built systems on top of ESXi, Proxmox, Hyper-V (oh god that was a long time ago now), and KVM. There are a few cloud infrastructures I’ve designed, architected, and built on top of; AWS, Azure, Linode, Digital Ocean, Vultr. I’m always looking for a challenge and I enjoy building/deploying to new technologies.
My Preferred Platforms
Everyone has preferences and I’d like to state some of mine so you can get an idea of where I’m coming from throughout my blog.
- Spring Boot has been treating me well
- Flask is way better than Django
- I’m about even on KVM and ESXi. Where I am it’s easier to get a team using ESXi
- If I’m going to use Php I’ll only use Symfony2/3… maybe laravel or silex you can talk me into
- Config Management. I don’t care which one, but I swear to god you better not be using it just to tie together bash scripts
- RHEL/CentOS over Debian/Ubuntu
- Windows can sometimes be a good idea
- I’m starting to really like docker
My blog won’t be just about devops and engineering technologies. I’ll also make sure to post tech news, general discussion type topics, and some random off-topic posts. I have a few non-tech/engineering projects coming up that I’ll be posting.
Hobbies and personal
Technology is a big hobby of mine but since that’s what this blog is about so I won’t get into that here (that’s what all the posts are for).
I’m a boxing fan and was involved in amateur boxing in my early 20s.
Kitesurfing used to take up a lot of my time and I still get the hankering to do it again here and there… seriously, I gotta start again.
I’m a PoliSci graduate and just kinda worked my way into this job. I was developing software before I graduated college and had my first website at 16.
I read a lot (on book #8 of this year and it’s March) and I’m a big fan of Science Fiction, History, and some Literature.
My cat’s name is Mittens and he can be a jerk.
- Would you rather have a robot butler or talking dog? Talking dog
- If you could have $1B but never be allowed to leave your neighborhood would you take it? No
- What one chore would you never want to do again? Laundry