Hey glad you found my site!
I’m a software/systems engineer living in Tampa Bay Florida and I love what I do. I’ve developed apps with popular frameworks in .NET, Python, Java, and Php. I’ve lately been in SRE/System Engineer roles and have recently transitioned into an infosec position. I’m always looking for a challenge and I enjoy building/deploying to new technologies.
I run this site so that I have a WP instance I can test things on. I’ve migrated this site across many different system architectures in AWS. I also use this for learning about SEO and Google analytics. So if some of my writing seems redundant or strange in some way, it’s because the SEO tool told me to write it that way.
My Preferred Platforms
Everyone has preferences and I’d like to state some of mine so you can get an idea of where I’m coming from throughout my blog.
- Spring Boot has been treating me well
- Flask is way better than Django
- If I’m going to use Php I’ll only use Symfony… maybe laravel you can talk me into
- Config Management. I don’t care which one, but I swear you better not be using it just to tie together bash scripts
- RHEL/CentOS over Debian/Ubuntu
- Windows can sometimes be a good idea
- Docker + Fargate make life way easier for everyone
My blog won’t be just about devops and engineering technologies. Since I’m now working in infosec I’ll put up a few articles leaning in that direction.
Hobbies and personal
Technology is a big hobby of mine but since that’s what this blog is about so I won’t get into that here (that’s what all the posts are for).
I’m a boxing fan and was involved in amateur boxing in my early 20s.
Kitesurfing used to take up a lot of my time and I still get the hankering to do it again here and there… seriously, I gotta start again.
I’m a PoliSci graduate and just kinda worked my way into this job. I was developing software before I graduated college and had my first website at 16.
I read a lot (on book #8 of this year and it’s March) and I’m a big fan of Science Fiction, History, and some Literature.
My cat’s name is Mittens and he can be a jerk.
- Would you rather have a robot butler or talking dog? Talking dog
- If you could have $1B but never be allowed to leave your neighborhood would you take it? No
- What one chore would you never want to do again? Laundry
- Waffles vs Pancakes? Waffles